Camping is a lot of fun but it's even more fun when you have good gear. Take a gander at the following camping and adventure products that can make your camping trips more enjoyable.
Camp Chef Denali Three-Burner Stove
For those who don't want to carry a BBQ grill along with their stove, Camp Chef has the both of best worlds. The Denali Three-Burner Stove features two side burners and a non-stick BBQ grill in the middle. It features a matchless ignition and includes a stainless-steel drip tray for easy clean-up.
• Three burners totaling over 25,000 BTUs
• Two 12,000-BTU burners, One 5,000-BTU grill burner
• Matchless ignition
• Convenient carry handle
• Measures 24x13.5x5.25 inches
Cabela's Table Top Stainless-Steel Grill
Stainless-steel BBQs aren't just for your backyard anymore. Cabela's Table Top Stainless-Steel Grill is a compact propane BBQ with fold-down legs that can grill meat wherever you need it to.
The grill is fueled by a standard 1-pound propane cylinder that attaches to the included regulator. The Camp Chef Denali three-burner stove is also shown.
It features a double-walled lid to prevent heat loss and removable drip tray.
• Offers 222 square inches of cooking area
• U-shaped burner with 12,000-BTU output
• Features an easy to clean, corrosion-resistant, stainless-steel construction
• Can be used atop any non-flammable surface
Camp Chef Oven
Yes, that says oven. A camping oven has been a long-sought-after cooking tool that we'd yearned to add to our arsenal of outdoor cookers. We finally came across one in Camp Chef's oven/stove combo.
It's bulkier than your common camp stove but well worth the load space, especially since you get a two burner stove plus an oven, all which operates on a 1-pound propane cylinder; it can also be adapted to use a larger tanks, as well.
So far we've cooked up cinnamon breakfast rolls, ready-bake cookies, crispy nachos, and leftover cheese melties (we really like the broiler setting).
We recommend getting the oven storage bag to avoid unnecessary dings and scratches during transport.
• Nonstick enamel cooking surfaces
• Bulk tank hose adapter available
• Stove features two 5,300 BTU range burners
• Oven offers 3,000 BTU and can reach a maximum heat of 400 degrees F
Natrapel Insect Repellent Spray and Wipes
Insects are part of camping but sometimes they can become unbearable. That's when we reach for the Natrapel Insect Repellent Spray and Wipes from Adventure Medical Kits. Natrapel is DEET free and can provide 8 hours of protection.
• Formula is recommended by the CDC to repel insects carrying illnesses such as West Nile Virus and EEE
• Provides 8 hours of protection
• Wipes are great for use on face and in hard to reach areas
• Offers protection from biting insects and ticks
Camp Chef Big Gas Grill 3
Another awesome cooking device from Camp Chef is the Big Gas Grill 3. The BBQ Grill Box shown on the Tahoe three-burner is actually a standard feature included with the Big Gas Grill 3. When not needed the BBQ Grill Box can be removed to offer three 30,000 BTU/hr cast burners for all of your cooking needs. Camp Chef also offers griddles to fit two-burner cooking areas.
• Adjustable, removable legs
• 90,000 BTU total output
• Includes shelf and BBQ Box
• Matchless ignition
• 585 square inches of cooking area
ARB Fridge Freeze
We've featured the ARB Fridge Freeze a few times but it merits another mention here. We have had great luck with this unit. It keeps items ultra cold, even in 90-degree-F temperatures. It includes two separate power cords, one for AC operation (120 volt) at home, and one for DC operation (12/24 volt) in your vehicle. An optional transit bag is also available to aid with insulation and protect your fridge from scratches and dents.
• Draws just 0.87 amps per hour from a 12 volt power source
• Weighs 53 pounds and offers 50-quart capacity
• Recessed front mounted digital control panel
• Internal LED cabinet light
• Unique stainless steel detent hinge with quick release mechanism
Camp Chef Tahoe Three-Burner & BBQ Grill Box
The Tahoe three-burner upright stove from Camp Chef offers unending cooking capability. The Camp Chef BBQ Grill Box takes the Tahoe to the next level. Alone, the Tahoe offers three 30,000 BTU burners, a three-sided windscreen, adjustable removable legs, and two side handles for easy transport. With the BBQ Grill Box on top it becomes a functional BBQ and single burner stove.
• Tahoe offers three 30,000 BTU burners and a three-sided windscreen
• Adjustable, removable legs
• 90,000 BTU total output
• 573 square inches of cooking area
• BBQ Grill Box uses patented diffuser plate to eradicate hot spots
• BBQ Grill Box features a cast iron grill grate and a vented and hinged lid and thermometer
Mountainsmith Modular Hauler 3 System
The Modular Hauler 3 System from Mountainsmith is the ideal way to carry your camping supplies. The Hauler is made from 1680d Ballistic nylon and features an open main compartment that can hold three Cubes. The Cubes are made from 150d rip-stop body fabric and feature top loading zippered access and a see-thru laminated mesh top panel.
The Cubes are color-coded for easy organization. Available colors include cinnamon, lime, and yellow.
• Hauler features reinforced side-access haul handles and reinforced padded haul handles
• Cube features shoulder strap attachment points and tote-style haul handle for easy carrying
• Offers a PVC-free, weather-resistant interior
Cabela's Alaskan Guide Eight-Person Tent
It's a monster-sized, dome-style tent that is also available in four- and six-person sizes. It's a great representation of the new generation dome-style tent and affords ample space for gear and sleeping space. The integrated vestibule provides additional storage space and can also serve as a cooking area during cold weather.
• Abrasion-resistant oxford nylon floor with 3,000mm waterproof-rated coating
• Includes heavy-duty shock-corded fiberglass or aluminum poles
• Full-coverage fly features a 2,000mm waterproof-rated coating
Cabela's Alaskan Guide Gazebo
This isn't a tent, but it can be if you want it to be. It's a social hall, galley, dining hall, game room, storage room, rain shelter, sun porch, napatorium, or even simply a tent to sleep in if that's how you want to use it. Cabela's Alaskan Guide Gazebo is essentially a floorless screened room with three doors that can also be equipped with the supplied fly and awning to create a fully enclosed room. It offers an easy set up and includes poles, stakes, and a duffel-style carry bag.
• Constructed of 60-denier nylon with a special polyurethane coating and fully taped seams to repel moisture
• Full-coverage fly has taped seams and a waterproof, 1,200mm polyurethane coating
• Front fly converts into an awning using the supplied awning poles
• Includes sturdy chrome steel poles and a Sportiva hub system that facilitates easy setup
Cabela's Deluxe Rocker and Deluxe Camp Tables
For those about to rock, we salute you. A portable rocking chair? Yes, it is. Cabela’s doesn't quit with its camping convenience and comfort items and the Deluxe Rocker is no exception. It's a rocking chair that collapses and stores in a bag that you can carry over your shoulder. When you need an end table you need an end table. Cabela's Deluxe Camp Table is the perfect portable table to position next to your favorite portable camp chair. It will support up to 22 pounds and uses a patented twist-locking system and stabilizing disk to keep the table from sagging.
• Rocker uses a high-strength 19mm steel frame
• Durable, polyurethane-coated, 2,400-denier polyester fabric
• Rocker supports up to 275 pounds
• Mesh drink holders in the armrests
• Rocker and table include a carry bag with shoulder strap
Yamaha EF2000iS Generator
Having power wherever you go is a very cool thing. As a result, we've taken to bringing a portable generator on almost every campout these days. You don't even need an RV or trailer to reap its benefits. Quite often it will be used for nothing more than spreading some needed light around a dark campsite to ease tent set-up or cooking. We've also toted it out along with a TV and DVD player to host movie nights on family camping weekends.
The compact size of the Yamaha EF2000iS is part of its appeal but its capability is the real seller. The OHV, forced air-cooled, four-stroke single cylinder engine is reliable and powerful, providing long life and excellent heat dissipation. The EF2000iS is also quiet and fuel-efficient, allowing it to run near camp without ruining conversation and run for hours on end without refueling.
• Maximum AC output is 2000 watts
• Rated/maximum AC current is 13.3/16.7 amps @ 120V
• Offers 10.5 hours of continuous operation at 1/4 load
• Limited three-year warranty
• 1.1 gallon fuel tank
Adventure Medical Kits Personal Medical Kit
Small enough to fit in your pocket, the Personal Medical Kit from Adventure Medical Kits includes enough supplies to treat minor to moderate injuries during a day hike or short overnight camping trip. The kit is packaged in a DryFlex waterproof bag and the contents list is printed on the bag.
• DryFlex bag is ultra light weight and watertight
• Kit weighs 3 ounces
• Designed to suit many sporting needs
ARB Sport Camp Chair
The ever-expanding ARB product line now includes the ARB Sport Camp Chair. The Camp Chair is made from a durable nylon Oxford weave material with webbing binding and uses a heavy-duty alloy frame. ARB’s Camp Chair also features aluminum arm rests for comfort and strength and a padded seat and back rest for extra warmth and comfort.
• Locking catches for added frame strength
• Rated to support up to 260 pounds
• Side pocket with Velcro flap
• Mesh magazine pocket on back of chair
• Durable matching carry bag with shoulder strap
Adventure Medical Kits Survival Bottle and S.O.L. Survival Kit
The Survival Bottle from Adventure Medical Kits not only holds water, it tells you where to find it. Printed on the outside of the bottle are detailed instructions about how to find water when needed, as well as information about how to disinfect it for consumption. Furthering your odds of making it out alive, the Survival Bottle is paired with the S.O.L. (Survive Outdoors Longer) Survival kit. The S.O.L. Survival kit contains critical items needed for survival in the outdoors, including a compass, a mini rescue flash signal mirror, a slim rescue howler whistle, waterproof and windproof survival matches, waterproof Tinder Quik, a Heatsheets survival blanket, survival fishing kit, and duct tape.
• Survival Bottle made from food-grade stainless-steel
• S.O.L. Survival kit contains essentials for shelter, signaling, route-finding, and firestarting
• S.O.L. Survival kit is packaged in a highly water-resistant bag
Adventure Medical Kits Mountain Series Fundamentals Kit
The Adventure Medical Kits Mountain Series Fundamentals Kit includes medical supplies and instructions to treat and administer to bleeding, blisters/burns, CPR, fractures/sprains, and more. It is one of the most complete first aid kits that we've come across. Each compartment is labeled making it easy to locate the needed items quickly.
The kit also includes a patient assessment form and a copy of the book "Comprehensive Guide to Wilderness & Travel Medicine".
• Clear View Urethane Windows with -20F/-28C cold-crack rating
• Wound irrigation system to clean and close wounds
• Includes a Laerdal CPR face shield
• Tote bag features multiple labeled compartments and a water resistant zipper
• Kit can sustain up to eight people for two weeks
Black Diamond Icon Headlamp
The Icon Headlamp from Black Diamond is super-bright and fully-rechargeable using NRG rechargeable batteries. It uses a TriplePower LED spotlight plus four SinglePower LEDs to emit 100 lumens (on max setting) for brilliant long- and close-range lighting.
• Powered by 3 AA batteries or the NRG Rechargeable Battery
• Offers seven different settings, from spotlight to proximity lighting
• Faceted reflector maximizes distance of beam
• Features a battery-power meter with three indicator lights to indicate power level
• On highest setting the Icon can operate for 145 hours and illuminate areas up to 100 meters away
Adventure Medical Kits Bivvy Sacks
This is a must have item for any 4x4. We've heard plenty of stories about being stranded on a trail overnight and having a warm bivvy sack on hand in lieu of a tent and sleeping bag can be a real life-saver. Adventure Medical Kits offers two lightweight bivvy options that are small enough to fit in the glove box. The Thermo-Lite 2.0 bivvy is ideal for year-round use for temperatures above 50 degrees F.
• Excellent emergency survival shelter for outdoor activities
• Heatsheets bivvy reflects 90 percent of your body heat and weighs just 3.8 ounces
• Thermo-Lite 2.0 bivvy sack is waterproof and windproof and weighs 6.9 ounces
• Ideal as a light weight replacement for your sleeping bag
• Both bivvy sacks measure 36x84 inches
Black Diamond Apollo Lantern
This is a soup can-sized lantern that offers excellent light quality. It uses a TriplePower LED with 56 lumens (max setting) enclosed inside a frosted globe to produce bright, ambient light. The Apollo Lantern weighs just 7.8 ounces and features a dimming switch to provide adjustable brightness.
• Powered by four AA batteries or NRG rechargeable batteries
• Maximum burn time of 60 hours
• Dual reflector system captures and maximizes light output
• Fold-down legs increase lantern height to 9.5 inches
• Power meter displays charge status or battery level
Adventure Medical Kits Trauma Pack with QuikClot
This is a must-have item for any 4x4 or camping enthusiast. The Adventure Medical Kits Trauma Pack includes supplies and instruction to stop major bleeding. The kit contains QuikClot, which is designed to clot the blood surging from an open wound quickly and safely.
The Trauma Pack with QuikClot includes trauma pads, sterile gauze, wraps, and duct tape to secure dressings or improvise a seal for a sucking chest wound, non-latex gloves, and a bio-hazard disposal bag.
• Kit includes QuikClot, designed to stop bleeding in open wounds
• Includes an instructional sheet with information on how to quickly diagnose and treat wounds
• Kit weighs just 10 ounces